MMA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMA League

The MMA league come get some!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the new and revamped MMA forum, Join, chat and compete with friends and foe.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Season 7 - Final fight card Dos Santos v Velasquez 2
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 am by Admin

» UFC AUS v UK
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:38 am by Admin

» UFC Nelson v Mitrione
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 am by Admin

» UFC on Fox Henderson V Diaz
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:20 am by Admin

» UFC 154 GSP v Condit
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 am by Admin

» Froch V Bute
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 pm by Admin

» UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 pm by Supertomo

» 5th May fight night
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 pm by Admin

» Manny Pacquiao dares Floyd Mayweather to $140m fight - Jeff Powell boxing column
UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm by Nay

Forum

UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

MMA Forum Points : 9987

UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test Empty
PostUFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test

The Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title match next month between champion Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem is in jeopardy after Overeem tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone.

A random drug test was conducted on March 27 in Las Vegas, when six fighters in the top-three bouts at UFC 146 were gathered for a news conference to promote the May 26 event. Overeem tested positive for increased testosterone levels. According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s Keith Kizer in a news release issued Wednesday, Overeem’s testosterone-to-epitestosterone levels were greater than 10-to-1.

Under NSAC guidelines, anything above a 6-to-1 ratio is considered a violation.

“I am beyond pissed about this,” UFC president Dana White said Wednesday in a conference call with Canadian media that had been scheduled for a week.

“I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin . . . ”

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all tested negative, Kizer noted.

Overeem will need to appear before the NSAC in order to be licensed in the state, Kizer said in the release.

The Dutch heavyweight made his UFC debut last December, beating former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar in the UFC 141 main event in Las Vegas. His appearance wasn’t without controversy, however.

Overeem missed a drug test in Nevada, saying he had returned to Holland to be with his sick mother. A pair of drug tests conducted in Europe were then mishandled until he eventually submitted a sample to an accredited lab. He passed that test, along with a subsequent test in Nevada prior to UFC 141, and was granted a conditional license. Among the conditions of that license, he would be subjected to random tests throughout 2012.

In an email, Kizer gave no indication Overeem’s victory over Lesnar would be changed to a no-contest or otherwise taken away from him.

“By itself, test result has no effect on that decision,” wrote Kizer.

White was incredulous over the positive result, struggling to find words when the topic was broached.

“The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us,” said White, noting that Overeem has been in UFC’s offices meeting with White and chief executive officer Lorenzo Fertitta, where he insisted he was clean and would pass all drug tests.

The UFC president feels that health issues, the loss of money and damage to reputation should be more than enough to deter fighters from using performance-enhancing drugs.

“How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,” he said.

“It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

A request via email to Overeem’s management seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Should Overeem indeed be pulled from the UFC 146 main event, it leaves a major hole in the card. Velasquez and Mir are currently scheduled to meet in a No. 1 contender’s bout, but the drug test has led to speculation Mir would receive the title shot. Velasquez lost the belt to dos Santos last October, while Mir — himself a former champion — is on a three-fight winning streak, with victories over Mirko Cro Cop, Roy Nelson and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

“I would be excited if given the opportunity to compete for the UFC’s heavyweight title at UFC 146 if the reports released earlier today regarding Alistair Overeem failing his ‘A’ sample drug test are true,” Mir said in a release issued by his management.

“I have been fortunate to be able to fight in the UFC for more than a decade, and it is a dream of mine to become the first three-time heavyweight champion in the UFC. Being able to fight Junior Dos Santos would put me one step closer to that dream.”

The management team of dos Santos made only a brief statement on Twitter: “The UFC has made no announcement regarding (dos Santos’s) fight. We have no comment, this matter falls solely to NV Commission & UFC.”

White said it was too early to announce any changes to the card. He said he learned of the Overeem test results literally 30 minutes before the media call.

“I don’t have a plan B,” he said.

He also doesn’t know what Overeem’s future with the company holds. White said he’s still waiting to hear from the Nevada commission and for Fertitta to hear Overeem’s side of the story.

“It doesn’t look good, does it?” he said. “It doesn’t look good.”
Back to top Go down
https://mma4me.forumotion.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test :: Comments

So assuming Reem is pulled off the card, who do you think should get the title shot?

Dana says the Mir v Cain fight will remain, so who's left?

Werdum? Same result as when he fought Overeem, boring fight.

Fedor? Even I'll admit Fedor is outmatched at this stage of his career. Besides Dana won't ever let him into the UFC.

There's a lot of hype around Mark Hunt. That could be a fun fight, stand up war.
I reckon it's a toss up between a couple of fighers. Travis Browne, top ten contender! Dan Henderson has thrown his hat in saying he would take it too. Alot of guys online don't think he has a chance just based on size and age. But I would never count Hendo out!

There is of course Mark Hunt however I don't think he deserves this fight what/who has he beat to gain a title shot? Kongo? please I'd beat him!

I reckon they'll just switch the main card for a later date it would make the most sense!
Cheick Kongo Very Happy
Admin
What!
Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 pm by Admin
scoopz wrote:
Cheick Kongo Very Happy

Your not seriously suggesting that Cheick the chump deserves a title shot after his last few outings? affraid

I am looking forward to this weekends fight that' for sure also to the 5th of may when Mayweather, Mosely and a UFC card are on the same night!

BOSS!
Supertomo
So Frank Mir gets the title shot. Even I can't see Frank getting out of the 1st round. JDS by early KO.

Who will fight Cain now?

UFC's Dana White seething over Overeem’s failed drug test

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA League :: Welcome to MMA 4 ME :: MMA Hot news!-
Jump to: